What is Codegrip?
Codegrip is a cloud-based solution platform for Automated code review and enterprise software analytics.
Codegrip solutions help programmer meet their objectives in improving their code quality:
- Identifying issues/bugs of the project, affecting the projects: performance, efficiency, etc.
- Detect security vulnerabilities as early as possible in the SDLC.
- It helps reduce costs associated with development and maintenance, whether it’s by themselves or external resources.
- Contributes to increasing team productivity.
Codegrip gathers evidence from the application’s source code using Codegrip static analyzers, supporting more than 20+ different technologies.
What Codegrip does?
Codegrip calculates and presents relevant Software Analysis to help stakeholders make informed decisions and continuously improve the software and SDLC processes.
- Static source code analysis, either on the cloud or an on-premise solution.
- In-depth detection of Security Vulnerabilities, providing detailed lists on where the vulnerabilities appear, their correlation to Security standards, providing remediation clues and assessing remediation progress.
- Quality Defects detection that affects important software characteristics: Reliability, Maintainability, Duplication, and Coverage.
- Calculates your code health-based on the number of violations, complexity, design, code size.
- Detection of Duplicate Code.
You can also share the analysis to consume elsewhere through Codegrip’s Share Analysis switch and the screenshot of the page will be shared with the team member.
How do I start using Codegrip?
Once you have a Codegrip account, you have access to the Codegrip collaborative environment in the cloud, and you can start analyzing your applications to generate the Software Analytics for your application portfolio.
The user experience is extremely intuitive and simple:
- Create your first application.
- Decide how to analyze the code
- Locally, by downloading and installing the Codegrip on-prem solution on a local machine.
- In the cloud, connecting your various repositories.
- Analyze your application
- Do not worry if there is a code of different technologies and languages, Codegrip knows how to distinguish them.
- If you choose to analyze in the Codegrip cloud, Codegrip deletes the code to safeguard your privacy soon as the analysis is finished.
- Work with the results in one of these ways:
- Using the Codegrip Dashboards;
- Iterate and Refine
- With the results and the list of recommendations, it would be normal that your development team wants to review and fix the code and analyze it again, to verify whether they have achieved the desired goals.
- You can, therefore, see the evolution over time of your application’s Software Analytics. This will let you “refine” the Codegrip default Software Model to your specific needs.
- Integrate the analysis in your Software Development Life Cycle
- To implement continuous analysis within other SDLC continuous processes (integration, deployment).
- You can automate your analysis for your application or deliveries of change requests during maintenance if you include Codegrip Life Cycle functionality.
You also have the option of uploading your source code (encrypted and through HTTPS) to the cloud and analyzing it there.
The results will show in Codegrip, just like the KLA.
Codegrip On-Premises is the on-premises version of Codegrip SaaS, providing full Codegrip functionalities but completely deployed on your premises.
It is an alternative to the cloud solution for those customers who prefer to maintain a private instance completely managed within their infrastructure.
It can be installed on a single host or on multiple hosts (externalizing one, some or all of the provided infrastructure services).
- User Guide
- Repository Analysis
- Security and Legal